Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign is the perfect teeth-straightening choice for patients who want to keep their treatment to themselves.
Invisalign straightens teeth using a series of near-invisible clear aligners that are removable and custom-made to your teeth for comfort.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
The great thing about Invisalign is that the aligners are transparent and hardly invisible (no metal bands or wires), therefore nobody is going to realise that you are undergoing treatment – unless you tell them!
- Low-visibility – your clear aligners are almost invisible.
- Comfortable – each aligner is custom-made for the individual, for a perfect fit every time.
- Removable – life continues as normal, making brushing and flossing easier, and allowing you to eating whatever you like.
- Proven – Invisalign is used by patients all over the world and is the market leader in clear aligners.
Invisalign for Kids and Teenagers
- Invisalign have created a stand alone product for young people, which is perfect for the unique needs of teenage patients.
- Invisalign aligners are removable and nearly invisible, which means teenagers can carry on enjoying life without restrictions or feeling self-conscious of visible braces.
- The aligners are made with the same Invisalign technology, moving teeth gradually without the restrictions of fixed braces.
- Special features designed to compensate for the eruption of canines, second premolars and second molars.
- Blue ‘wear-indicators’ to help the orthodontist and the patient gauge the amount of time the aligners are being worn.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Your Initial Appointment
At your first appointment, your dentist will study your mouth and talk to you about your cosmetic dentistry wishes. Your dentist will tell you if Invisalign is for you. If you are a candidate for Invisalign, you will discuss the treatment protocol and estimated treatment length.
Taking impressions of your teeth
The next step is the digital imaging process. Digital scan, photographs, and x-rays create an accurate model of your teeth. These are sent to the Invisalign laboratory for your custom aligner trays to be created. You will also see what your final smile will look like in 3-D imaging.
Fitting the First Aligner
When your Invisalign trays are ready, you return to the practice. Your dentist may fit small attachments on your teeth to help the trays stay in place. They are clear, painless to install, and temporary. Your dentist will check that your aligners fit and explain clearly how to look after them and what to expect.
A few weeks after your first tray is fitted, your dentist who will check your tooth movements. You will be given new sets of aligners to change as the treatment progresses. However, unlike metal braces, you won’t need to return often for appointments. Instead, you can return periodically to check your progress.
After a period of time, your teeth will have straightened to the desired position. The final results always depend on the severity of misalignment, but if worn as prescribed, you are guaranteed to have straighter teeth. After completing treatment you will be given retainers to keep your smile straight. Then off you go to flash your incredible new smile!